Aggressive Representation of Individuals
We only represent individuals harmed by corporate wrongdoing – and we consistently prevail at trial. The results we have obtained have made America’s workplaces and products safer and have helped protect the financial assets of thousands of Americans.
Partnership With Clients
Because we believe that clients obtain the best results when their interests are aligned with those of their attorneys, we partner with our clients in every case we handle. We are only paid when our clients recover.
Our Track Record
Our attorneys have aggressively represented the interests of individuals for decades. In roughly the last decade alone, we have obtained relief on behalf of individuals subject to corporate wrongdoing that has been valued at more than $1.5 billion. And the cases we have brought have prompted industry-wide fee reductions that have been estimated to save investors more than $2 billion annually. Our work has been repeatedly profiled in the media and recognized by judges; among other things, it has been called “pioneer[ing],” “tireless,” and “historic.”
In recent years, we have been recognized by the following publications:
- National Law Journal – Elite Trial Lawyer Firm
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly – Top Plaintiff Wins
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly – Most Reported Verdicts/Judgments
- U.S. News & World Report – National Tier 1 Railroad Injury Law Firm
- U.S. News & World Report – St. Louis, Missouri Tier 1 Railroad Injury Law Firm
In addition, multiple Schlichter Bogard & Denton lawyers have been elected by their peers for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America” and are listed again in the current edition.
A representative sample of some of our results is below:
- Tibble v. Edison. Obtained a unanimous 9-0 landmark decision in the United States Supreme Court on behalf of a class of 401(k) investors in the first Supreme Court case to consider fees in 401(k) plans.
- Abbott v. Lockheed Martin. Achieved an historic $62 million settlement on behalf of employees and retirees, the largest ever in a 401(k) case involving excessive-fee allegations.
- Spano v. Boeing. Obtained a $57 million settlement on behalf of participants in Boeing's 401(k) plan, including significant non-monetary relief.
- Yaz/Yasmin Pharmaceutical Litigation. Served as Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel in multi-district litigation that has resulted in a settlement of nearly $2 billion.
- Bolen v. BNSF. Obtained $12.5 million jury verdict on behalf of a former railroad worker who lost his leg below the knee, reportedly the largest verdict ever in the county in which the case was tried.
- Railroad Injury Litigation. Obtained dozens of $1 million+ jury verdicts and settlements in FELA injury cases against railroads across the country.
- Pradaxa Pharmaceutical Litigation. Served as Co-Lead Counsel in multi-district litigation that resulted in a $650 million nationwide global settlement.
- Martin v. Survivair. Obtained a $27 million jury verdict, including $12 million in compensatory damages and $15 million in punitive damages, which was increased to $40.4 million with pre- and post-judgment interest on behalf of the widow and children of St. Louis firefighter Derek Martin in case involving a defective breathing apparatus.
- Nolte v. Cigna. Achieved a $35 million settlement on behalf of a class of 401(k) investors in a case involving allegations of excessive fees and mismanagement.
- NuvaRing Pharmaceutical Litigation. Served as Lead Counsel and lead negotiator in multi-district litigation resulting in a $100 million global settlement.
- Wilfong v. Rent-A-Center. Achieved a $47 million settlement, including significant changes to hiring and promotions practices, in national employment discrimination class action on behalf of a class of female employees; at time of settlement was second-largest employment discrimination settlement on behalf of women.
- Beesley v. International Paper. Obtained a $30 million settlement on behalf of 401(k) investors in retirement plans with alleged unreasonable high fees and unsuitable investments.
- Times Beach Dioxin Litigation. Achieved $19 million settlement in environmental lawsuit brought on behalf of a class of residents of a town contaminated by Dioxin.